Tuesday, November 30, 2010

30 Days of Thanks.... day 27

We arrived in Maine about 11:00 am.  We left at 8:15 am, and stopped once for gas and oil check and a small cup of coffee in Plymouth so the trip took us 2 1/2 hours approximately. 

On the way I finished a little sewing kit for Hannah's birthday.  She has been doing some little crafts and cooking with her mom... domestic training :)  so I figured it would be a nice thing for her to have her own little sewing kit.  I included sharp needles and  thread/thread cutter and needle threader and a small selection of bright colored felt pieces so she could make a few small projects.  She also got a baby doll that cries and eats and messes her diapers :)

We had a huge feast.  The little girls had made pies... apple, cherry, and pumpkin.  Everything was sooo yummy and we watched old "Andy of Mayberry" videos, looked at family pictures, and played a little "Sequence".  Some of the girls went sliding.  We had a mini blizzard that lasted for about 10 minutes producing white-out conditions. 

Finally we went to be about 11:00 pm.  Such and nice family day.

Thank you Lord for safety in travel and a wonderful day with family.

1 comment:

  1. glad you mentioned the sewing kit. My Anna wants one for Christmas. Actually, she wanted one for her bday, but I forgot (oops). A lady at church is teaching her to sew, and she is totally interested in it. I'm glad because I almost failed home ec!! :) I can do the basics but nothing beyond mending.

    ReplyDelete