Monday, November 22, 2010

30 Days of Thanks.. day 20

Today I went for a quick drive to see my friend Betty.  We don't get to spend much time together anymore.  She works on my days off and I work on her days off and we see each other at church or when I happen to stop by her work after I get out at 5pm.  She is sweet and full of life and makes me laugh.

I haven't known Betty for a long time.  I was working at a fabric store when she would come in and visit with us.  Often she would work along with us even though she wasn't paid for it... then we convinced her she should apply and work for pay.  She started working there and then I went on to a new job.  It just wasn't working out for me at the store.  There was no chance of advancement 'cause I would not work on Sunday and because of that I worked every Friday and Saturday.  I also was a closer, so often would not get home until 10-11pm.  We had so much fun working together, but now we don't get to hang out and laugh!  Betty has been really good to me and sometimes it makes me feel bad that I forget things and don't do more for her.   Life just seems to take over my time and strength some days.  I want to have more time to just do nice things for others.  I want to be more like Betty!

Well, today I am thankful for my good friend Betty.  She's sweet as a button and I don't know what I'd do without her.

I'm sorry I don't have any pictures to share with you, but if she sends me one... I'll post it here later.  Keep checking.
Thank the Lord for good friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment