Wednesday, November 3, 2010

30 DAYS OF THANKS... DAY 1,2,3











I told Conny that I would participate in the 30 Days of Thanks.  Here it is November 3 and I haven't started yet... sorry Conny... I hope to get caught up today.  It's not that I haven't thought about it and I am truly thankful everyday, but I just wasn't able to get on to post about it. 

November 1  In "retrospect" what I am most thankful for #1 in my life is found in this scripture passage:
Titus 3:4-7

"But when the kindness and the love of God our Savior toward man appeared, not by works of righteousness which we have done, but according to His mercy He saved us, through the washing of regeneration and renewing of the Holy Spirit, whom He poured out on us abundantly through Jesus Christ our Savior, that having been justified by His grace we should become heirs according to the hope of eternal life."

I often think about what I would do if I lived in Old Testament times and had to sacrifice a lamb for the covering of my sin.  There would have been lots of dead lambs :)  Thank the Lord!  He has provided us with sin cleansing through his death on the cross for us.   Also what a comfort to know I'll see those who have gone to Heaven already.  This separation is not forever.  I will see my Mom, Dad, first husband, daughter, grandparents, aunts and uncles again some day.  After the elections (oops that hasn't happened yet) it's also nice to know this is not my "final" home.  How wonderful God is to provide us with Hope and we don't have to pay for it, or earn it somehow by being good.  I'd like to be "good" all the time, well... you know how that goes :)

November 2
The next thing I am most thankful for is the leading of the Lord in my life.  My favorite hymn "He Leadeth Me"  has these words...

"Lord I would put my hand in Thine,
Nor ever murmur nor repine"

OK... I do murmur from time to time, but I want to say it is not my intention.  I am so blessed!  What do I have to murmur about anyway? 
Isn't this a precious promise?
Jeremiah 29:11

"For I know the thoughts that I think toward you, saith the LORD, thoughts of peace, and not of evil, to give you an expected end. "

He cares for us even in the tiniest of mundane situations.  He knows we were made from dust and He loves us completely.  What a blessing it is to know Him.

November 3
This catches me up with the rest of you.  Today I must give thanks for my family.  Of course my Mom and Dad are gone on now, but how thankful I am that they loved me and raised me in a Christian home surrounded by Christian principles and spiritual guidance.  I have a wonderful brother and sister-in-law.  I never had a sister, but Cindy is my sister anyway.  They have two wonderful sons and their wives and children.  My grandparents on both sides and aunts and uncles and cousins... all of whom I can honestly say would do anything for ya.  My beautiful daughters Joanna and Heather and Heather's family and Joanna's Pedro :).  My grandson, Brandon who came to know the Lord this summer, YEA! and then last but certainly not least my precious husband who puts up with me every day... not sure how.  He is the sweetest person on the planet (according to me), and I love him so very much.  I remember when he asked if he could be a part of our lives I had to tell him how crazy our family is.  I thought he'd maybe turn around and walk away, but he chose to stay anyway and I am so thankful.
God has certainly blessed me with wonderful family members, each and every one of them.  I don't want to miss my "extended" family... my husband's Mom and Dad and sisters and their spouses and children.  They are also very wonderful and have been a true blessing to us. 

OK enough for those 3 days.  I'm ready for 27 more...  see ya soon.

1 comment:

  1. One of my FAVORITE commenters on my blog has joined us - YEAH, Mrs. D! Thank you.
    I love your stories and your insights. I enjoy hearing about your family too.
    I'm so glad you're sharing with us/me this month. I look forward to reading more (thank you so much for your biblical approach); and please, NO PRESSURE. Join in when you can.

    ReplyDelete