Friday, November 19, 2010

30 DAYS OF THANKS

The days are a little mixed up on these 30 days.  I have been writing posts, but not able to publish them.  This was actually written last Friday 11/12, but I'm publishing it this Friday 11/19.  Lots has happened in between, but I'll get to that.
11/12
Of course this picture wasn't just taken :)
Friday I was very busy and also exhausted.  I went home and made dinner and then collapsed into bed.  I am so thankful for a husband who puts up with me doing this very thing occasionally.  He was tired too after working all week digging a ditch all week.  We have a leak into our electric conduit and water was pouring out.  We are trying to find the break so it can be fixed, but so far no sign of it.  Mr. D drilled a hole in the pipe to release the water and it just gushed out, so that is an indication that the break is somewhere above.  Our land is very wet and we often have issues of this sort.  I am, none-the-less thankful that we have a little patch of ground to tend to.  It has been a joy to be able to garden and raise our animals.  It is a miracle that we have this and we thank the Lord everytime we come to the end of the driveway and look up and see all that God has given.

Our view from on top is beautiful at all times of the year.  I actually like looking out across the valley in the winter when there is a storm brewing.  I can see it approaching and as it comes the air turns white.  After the storm everything sparkles and shines and the chickadees are chattering away.  My other most favorite time of year is spring when the leaves are just starting to pop and are that yellow/green color.  The air is fresh and full of new smells and the birds are busy finding suitable spots to raise their families. 
 
a couple of pictures of Mr. D plowing the driveway,  not this year  

In general, I like the warm weather best, but I thank the Lord for winter since it fills me with anticipation of spring.

Thank you Lord for seasons.  And thank you for a good night's rest.

No comments:

Post a Comment