Monday, April 19, 2010

Spring Snow

We all woke up Friday morning to 2 inches of snow and then again on Saturday.  Altogether is was a wet and chilly weekend.  It's not unusual for us to get snow this time of year, but the poor plants are a little confused.  My poor daffodils were laying down, broken off by the heavy snow filling their little floral cups.  I love spring flowers.  Crocus, Daffodils, Tulips, Forsythia and even Trilium and Adder's Tongue all coming up and gracing the grey landscape with the bright yellows and purples and reds.  It is so encouraging after living with snow for 5-6 months and sometimes more. 

I wanted to take some pictures of my flowers outside, but they didn't come out too clear.  I do have a picture of the daffodils I brought in that were all broken off.  Picked up a suitable vase at the dump on Saturday, cleaned it up and here they are sitting on my kitchen table.
Mr. D and I took a little walk on Easter afternoon to enjoy the warm sunshine and temperatures.  Here is a picture that Mr. D took of Spot and I sitting on a rock amidst the still grey surroundings... soon to be green!

OK, I know.  I've got to shed some of that winter flab, but this is one good way, right?  A couple months in the garden should take care of that... hopefully. 

Here's my sweet Mr. D...


Spot had lots of fun too.  She has almost fully recovered from her injuries this winter and though there are some residual problems, we thank the Lord for mending her poor bones and allowing her to be with us a little longer.  I know she's just a dog, but she is a useful dog and we so enjoy her crazy antics.  She's back to playing ball with us and helping herd the ducks in at night.  Her bite is far less firm and this causes problems when hunting rodents, but she is still effective in giving them a hard time and we really haven't seen too many recently.  Our neighbors now have chickens too, so perhaps they have gone where the pickin's are easier.


Can't tell she is loved, can you?  Notice the unsulation in the window.  We found this cut down on the sweating of the window this winter.  In the winter cold, moisture ran down the front wall causing mold to form behind the couch.  I am so glad that this problem has been fixed. 

Well, hope you all have a wonderful week.  Keep close to the Lord and in fellowship with other Christians, then  I know the Lord will bless your heart.




 

2 comments:

  1. Yeah, a post from Mrs. Doug! :) Good to hear from you & see you doing well. SNOW?! Wow...I guess I forget that parts of the North Country are still snowy right now - we've been enjoying temps between 70s & 80s. Bliss.

    Anyway ... glad your sweet doggie is better too. :) Love the flower pic. Take care.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't know why, but I thought you guys were farther south.

    Sorry 'bout the snow. I don't know how you feel about it but I hate spring snows. Such a downer.

    Take care!

    ReplyDelete