Wednesday, January 15, 2014







1. Are you a force to be reckoned with? In what way?


Hmmm... not very "forceful" I'm afraid.  Though when I was teaching many of my students were intimidated.  I must have an imposing presence, but I just don't feel intimidating.  I don't get "mad" very often, but I can, and when I do it ain't pretty (not braggin', just sayin').

2. What are two things you love about the wintertime. Or, if love feels like too strong a word, what are two things you like about winter?

I used to love winter, but for the last few years it has been nothing but trouble, so I can't say I love winter at all.  I do like being able to craft to my hearts content and not feel guilty like I might be wasting time better spent weeding the garden, or putting up vegetables or something else.  In the evenings it is quiet usually.  This makes up for the hastle of walking the driveway 'cause I can't drive up, or shoveling snow, or poor Mr. D trying to keep things thawed and vehicles running.  All of this adds up to a "meh" feeling about winter.

3. Pomegranate, kumquat, persimmon, kiwi, and guava are all fruits said to have health benefits, particularly during the winter months. Do you have a favorite on the list? Are there any on the list you haven't tried?

I like kiwi and pomegranate.  I've baked poultry with kuquat.  Don't care for the persimmon and guava that we can purchase here in the northeast.  Most fruits are not at their prime when we get them, but these I have had and like.  They are not my favorite.  Mr D loves pancakes with pomegranate seeds in them... I think he likes the "crunch". 

4. I passed a local church yesterday and noticed they had this on their sign, "When all else fails, do the right thing." Your thoughts?

That's like saying we go to God after trying everything else first... shouldn't He be our first thought?  Doing the right thing should be the rule of life for the Christian, not a second thought after you've tried everything else.

5. Do you ski? According to one list I've seen, the top 5 ski destinations for 2014 are St. Anton Austria, Whistler Canada, Cortina Italy, Tahoe USA, and Zermatt Switzerland. Of the five listed which would you most like to visit? We can make skiing optional if that helps the non-skiers with their answer.

I lived in Colorado for 10 years and went skiing twice.  I've lived in New England for many more years and have been skiing quite a few times, but only once in the last 20+ years.  I haven't been able to afford going.  I don't have my own equipment anymore and lift tickets and all the equipments makes for quite an expensive day.  Vermont used to have a free day for VT residents and that was the last time I went skiing.  I have thought about picking up a pair of skis and poles at the thrift store and getting boots, but then you have to get the bindings adjusted.  I think snowshoeing is better.

6. What's the last thing you looked for online? (besides my blog!)

I looked for a manifold for a Massey Ferguson 202 tractor with a continental engine.  Mr. D put his hand through the one we had and we need to replace it.  Mind you the old manifold was so fragile that is fell apart in his hand before he could take it off.

7. What saying, slogan, quote, or motto, have you seen lately that inspires you for the new year?




8. Insert your own random thought here.

I am excited to see what God has in store for the new year.  Knowing that God is able and trusting in His good care I am secure no matter what takes place.



1 comment:

  1. I like that verse too. I did a Priscilla Shirer study where she referenced that verse, and said God goes 'beyond the beyond'. That has really stayed with me and I remind myself of the truth of that quite often. Enjoy your day!

    ReplyDelete