Monday, March 14, 2011

The ABC's of me

looks like a nervous little guy  :)

After that last post it's time for a little light-heartedness.  I think these are kinda fun, so thought I'd participate along with some of the others around the "bloggosphere"

A. Age:  56 I have no cause to be ashamed.  God had preserved me this long and I thank Him for that.  My husband keeps me young
B. Bed size: I  think it's a queen, but an odd size since it's a camper.  Queen sheets fit, though a little loosely and full size are too tight.
C. Chore you dislike: I've become accustomed to all of them.  I think I dislike paperwork the most.  Working on the budget is the worst unless there's enough money to pay all of the bills without question which rarely happens in our house.
D. Dogs: Our doggie Spot is a wonderful little terrier.  She keeps us entertained... who needs TV or movies when you got this character around.  She is always happy, happy, happy to see me and makes me feel really special.
E. Essential start to your day: shower, vitamins, and some sort of breakfast with a glass of milk, Bible reading, news and off to work (not necessarily in that order).
F. Favorite color: Green if you couldn't tell already. 
G. Gold or silver: any and all.  I have two rings I wear, my wedding band is gold and the ring my daughter gave me is silver.  I never take them off. 
H. Height: 5' 11" but I think I'm shrinking :)
I. Instruments you play(ed): I play guitar for my Sunday School class.  I have in the past played trumpet and accordian, but no longer own either and am totally out of practice.  Our little Sunday School class just got a set of Melody Bells and the students are learning how to play some simple songs with those.  They really love working with them and it's exciting to see their love for music.
J. Job title: I work in customer service for a paper company (no it's nothing like "Office" - I hate that show and it's on all the time).  I taught school for 15 years until I had to get a "real job" so we could get some financing for our land.  I would love to be able to go back to teaching some day.  That's all in God's hands.
K. Kids: I have two grown-up girls, one son-in-law, another daughter with Jesus and one grandson I love to pieces.
L. Live: New Hampshire
M. Mom’s name: Audrey - she's with my dad in Heaven.
N. Nicknames: Ruthie, Rufus, Hey You.
O. Overnight hospital stays: Only with my 3 cesarean sections and then I have stayed with my Mom when she was in and my daughters when they were in and a good friend Elsie when she was in.  Thankfully for nothing else.
P. Pet peeves: People who think themselves to be so important that it doesn't matter who else they step on to get where they want to go;  who are inconsiderate, impatient, and demanding.  Also those who like to hear themselves talk, complain, go on and on about nothing important, or who think they know it all. 
Q. Quote from a movie: I really don't watch enough movies to know or at least remember any quotes.
R. Righty or lefty: lefties rule!
S. Siblings: I have one brother who is 4 years older.  I was such a brat when I was little I feel sorry for him.  I have 4 great sisters-in-law.  Three are my husband's sisters and one is my brother's wife.  I didn't have any sisters growing up, but I sure have plenty now.
T. Time you wake up: about 5 am, unless I have more to do before I leave at 7.  This may change this summer to 4:30 am so that I can catch the bus to work ... yikes!  It gets more likely as the price of gas goes up.
U. Underwear: who makes up these questions anyway?  yes
V. Vegetables you don’t like: Okra, collard, any other slimy or bitter veggie.
W.What makes you run late: not getting up in time :)  Sometimes my husband has things in his mind for me to do, but doesn't tell me until it's too late to plan ahead for them... ya know what I mean?  I run a tight schedule and it leaves little extra for something I wasn't planning on having to do.
X. X-rays you’ve had: Many.  I'm accident prone, or at least used to be accident prone.  Arms, legs, teeth, hands, back, ankle, etc, etc.
Y. Yummy food you make: bread is something I do well, and my "famous" no-bake chocolate/peanut butter/oatmeal cookies.  I also make a great biscuit/gravy and egg breakfast.  No claim to fame, but my kids used to like it even if my biscuits were called "bowling balls".
Z. Zoo animal favorites: monkeys - resemble some people I know ;)

1 comment:

  1. Did you change your header or am I just now noticing the great pictures up there??? ... ANYWAY, I enjoyed reading the ABCs about you - and learned a few new things (you're a leftie!!?) and we share the same pet peeve. LOL!! :)

    ReplyDelete