Friday, February 12, 2010

Lots of Eggs

This is 2 days worth.  Our little hens are working overtime.  The white ones are duck eggs.  The first picture is while they are soaking a little in the sink.  We use a mild wash on them to get all the stuff off the outside and you can see how pretty they are after that in the second picture.

Yummy eggs.  
I wasn't feeling well on Wednesday so I washed these last night.  The birds have been giving us about 22/23 large eggs per day.  We have been selling about 8 dozen each week.  No one has shown much interest in duck eggs, so those are the ones I am blowing out for dyed eggs.  I am investigating about the process for doing this.  I know it can be done with one hole, but I need to figure out how.  Does anyone out there know how to do this?  

Have a great Friday.

Mrs. D

1 comment:

  1. I don't know how to blow out eggs w/ one hole ... it seems like my mom did it when I was little. We'd make these egg trees w/ hollowed out eggs for Easter. I'll have to ask her next time I talk to her, if I remember. I'll let you know if she truly did blow out eggs w/ one hole.

    ReplyDelete