1. What lesson has failure taught you?
Probably the greatest thing failure teaches me is patience with others who don't get it right. I know that God uses failure in my life to make me even more dependant on Him also, but it makes me more understanding and tolerant of others.
2. What decision are you glad you made?
Of course the most important decision I have ever made was when I accepted Jesus as my Savior from sin.
Most other major decisions I've made over the years are ones I just fell into, but I am happy with many of them, such as the decision to go back to school and get my degree in education, the decision to marry again after Don died, the decision to purchase a piece of property on the side of a hill with LOADS of rocks. Of course we pray about the decisions we make, but it does take a step of faith into the unknown and trust that God will lead... and He always has. Every major decision has come with butterflies in the stomach, but if it has been prayed through those will go away.
3. I've been a little bit surprised to see fully lit and decorated Christmas trees popping up for the past several weeks in friend's Instagram feeds. So tell the truth-is your tree up and decorated, and if so when did that happen? If not, when will you be decking the halls?
We don't have an indoor tree, not because we don't want one, but because we have no room. As you can see in the picture at the top of my blog, we have a tiny tree that we could put up, but no room for it... really. Camper living means every nook and crannie is filled with things you need. If it is not needed it goes. I will have an outdoor tree this year since we have the electricity hooked up outside but not till after Thanksgiving.
4. Solitaire-Poker-Rummy-Hearts-Go Fish-Old Maid...which game of cards would you most like to join?
We love playing games. On holidays our family sits around and plays games one after the other... lots of fun and relaxing. Our favorite is the Monopoly card game, the older one, not the newer version. We also like a game we play with Rook cards called "Scum" and my daughters and I like "Dutch Blitz" and a card/board game called "Sequence".
5. This question comes to you courtesy of a Facebook friend, who once upon a time had a blog...When you're feeling stressed do you snack a lot or are you more the 'can't eat' type?
Real stress makes me sick to my stomach, but mild stress such running around trying to get stuff done, makes me eat the wrong kinds of foods. I eat fast foods that are high in fat and sugar and those are things I really should keep away from. If I have plenty of time I like to prepare and eat good foods like fresh veggies and grilled meats with all the fat trimmed off etc.
6. Have you ever reviewed a product or service on line? Was your review favorable or less than favorable?
I haven't done this.
7. What was the best conversation you had yesterday?
The last couple of days have been quiet at our house since Mr. D is preparing a message for Prayer Meeting at church. He works outside during daylight hours and then at night comes in to study. He has been studying a lot which means I either go to the house and work on sewing projects or sit on the little couch and hand stitch or read. We did have quite a discussion at work yesterday about the health insurance changes that are happening.
8. Insert your own random thought here.
Have a happy Wednesday. Join up with HodgePodge Wednesday at http://www.fromthissideofthepond.com/