1. Do you have an interest in learning about your family's heritage? Why or why not? If you know a little bit about your roots, share an interesting piece of trivia or a fun fact about someone who goes way back on your family tree.
I do like to find out fun things about my family. Quite a few years ago I found out from my Aunt Jean that we were related by marriage to Karl Marx. Not sure if that is something to brag about, but it is interesting.
2. Branch Rickey, the baseball exec credited with signing Jackie Robinson, is quoted as saying-
"Luck is the residue of design."
Agree or disagree? Why?
I don't believe there is such a thing as "luck". I truely believe our times are mapped out by God. We may wriggle out from His perfect will, but he still is in control. So I cannot agree.
3. In the town where you currently reside, what's your favorite green space?
In my town there are many beautiful places. I like my own back yard best...
|Our backyard in spring Lupines|
4. Who is your favorite comedian? I think my all time favorite is Dick Van Dyke. He just makes me laugh and I loved all the old movies he was in.
5. March is National Nutrition Month, and almost everyone needs to improve their diet in some way. What about you? How can you improve your nutrition on a daily basis? Will you try?
Best thing I could do is just eat less and make sure to eat breakfast. I sometimes get busy in the morning and just don't have time which make me want to "graze" all day.
6. Which of these green expressions have you 'experienced' in recent weeks -green with envy, green thumb, green around the gills, or give the green light? Explain.
I can't say that I've experienced a green thumb, but I hope to soon use my "green thumb" and plants some veggies and pray for good weather and that God would allow them to grow and prosper. I didn't keep up as well as I should have with the garden last year and we lost quite a bit to powdery mildew and things were planted together way too close, so that will change this year as well. Looking forward to spring in the midst of a snow storm.
7. Where is one place you don't mind waiting?
Anywhere I can do come cross stitch while I'm waiting is a good place to wait. At least I'm accomplishing something.
8. Insert your own random thought here. Today March 12th we are getting a "spring blizzard" they expect 12-20 inches Wednesday to Thursday. Hmmmm... and then it's supposed to be cold again. I just have to think of the warmer days ahead, the garden, fresh strawberries from the garden sweet and warm... it will come eventually... Here's a few green pictures to encourage us all....
|another summer picture... great family shot about 1990 or 1991|
me, Joanna, Cindy, Adam, Mrs. Reese (Cindy's Mom) Dad, Mom, Paul, Heather, Norman Paul
L ---> R
I see Peonies in the background, so this must have been in June sometime.
|he was sooo hot that day... look at those rosy cheeks|
Have a wonderful day everyone.