Tuesday, July 29, 2014

QUICK UPDATE

We've been eating well, chard, summer and zucchini squash, cukes, a few little tomatoes... usually devoured before we make it to the house... and the berries... yummy.

We had enough berries to make some mixed berry muffins for church on Sunday.  I am using the "therapy garden" to help me cope with the craziness happening right now at work.  I must have a place of solitude after dealing with all the changes and "thinking" that is going on.

The wild raspberries are coming to an end *** sniff *** and the blueberries are about 1/2 way done.  The blackberries are going to be many this year and I hope to be able to freeze some and also make some blackberry jam... yum!

not my picture, but I will take some of our blackberry bushes if the bear hasn't gotten into them yet
Happy Tuesday... hope you all have a great week.

1 comment:

  1. I know what you mean about the "therapy garden". Life around me is just out of control and I have to get away from it for awhile every day. My garden is about to give up the ghost! :) We have had no rain here in far too long. I water about every other day but the sun has been just beating down so hot. I must say that I am about done though. I have made many quarts of pickles and frozen many gallons of green beans and many loaves of zucchini bread. Working full time outside the home, I can't do much more. Enjoy those berries! I need to get a bigger variety planted and going. All I have are strawberries that produce in June and then they're done...

    ReplyDelete