Wednesday, July 23, 2014

HODGEPODGE WEDNESDAY



1. When I look at the sky I feel –
I’m always checking the sky to see what the weather’s going to be.  A couple weeks ago I went out on a Saturday morning and the sky was an incredible deep blue with not one cloud… at least over my head… and I was so happy to see that on my day off.  It wasn’t humid or hot, but just a breezy 75f and my clothes nearly dried before I got them all hung up.  What a day that was!

2. If you had to run for political office, which one would you run for? Do you have any real desire to actually do this?
I have no desire to run for a political office of any kind. 

3. What scent makes you think of home?
I love the smell of bread baking in the oven.  My parents didn’t make bread, but I do every weekend and it smells so “homey”.  My Nana’s house had a clean and “salty” smell since they lived close to the ocean.  I love that smell too.  I have some of her old furniture and it all has that smell still in the drawers and cupboards.  It has permeated the wood I think.

4. How often do you take a step back to think about where you're headed in life? Do you need more or less self-reflection? 
I used to reflect all the time on the future, but I don’t do that so much anymore.  I’m not sure why, but it just isn’t something I think about.  I used to have an idea of things I wanted to do.  Now I just want to make it through the day.  I often wonder about my children and grandchildren, what I can do to help them live out their dreams.

5. July is National Ice Cream Month...besides a cone, what's your favorite food item to top with ice cream?
I love bananas and ice cream.  Pretzels and ice cream isn’t bad either.  Hmmm homemade apple pie… the ideas are endless.

6. What might your autobiography be called?
“Outsider”.  I was one of those kids who never quite fit in.  I don’t really know why, could have been factors like moving many times,  just being a little strange, being an MK, being a friend of the underdogs, it doesn’t matter what the reason.  The Lord has used that in my life to make me more compassionate and determined.  I’m thankful, though while I was a kid it hurt, God used it for my good. 

7. Your least favorite mode of transportation? Why?
I like all sorts of travel.  I love to go on long trips.  I especially like traveling in a car ‘cause you can stop at places that look interesting.  Buses are a little stuffy, but if you need to get there a bus is good.  I just hate hauling a bunch of luggage, so if I can travel light a bus, train, or plane are good.

8.  Insert your own random thought here.
It’s “hump day” yea… tomorrow I get the window fixed in my car.  I was able to weed some of the garden last night without being lame afterwards.  I can’t tell you what a relief it is to not have pain in my back.  It was so miserable not being able to even tie my shoes…  Mr. D had to wash my feet one day and help me get my socks and shoes on a couple of days.  It’s wonderful being able to walk around without limping along.  Thank you, Lord, for answered prayer.

I hope you have a wonderful day.

No comments:

Post a Comment