Tuesday, October 4, 2011

What's up with us....

I haven't been sitting around reading, or sleeping, or twiddling my thumbs ya know....

Here's our new "egg box". Quite an improvement over a cooler on a folding chair at the end of the road...


The cooler is in the middle section.  On both sides are some veggies.  Some are free and some we're selling.
Mr. D made the boxes and I painted the door.

Then on the 21st and 22nd we went and had some fun at camp :)


That girl out there grinning at me is my daughter.  Yup, she went with us and we had lots of fun.  What a great weekend.  It was sooooo cold that night... first frost... and though we were prepared we slept little.

Our speaker was Mardi Collier who came from SC to be our speaker was wonderful.  God was really working through her to say just what I needed to hear.  She spoke about the promises in God's Word and "100% words"  such as "...my God shall supply all your need..." Philippians 4:19  or "blessed us with all spiritual blessings in heavenly places in Christ:" Ephesians 1:3  or another one of my favorites "...hath given unto us all things that pertain unto life and godliness..." II Peter 1:3  How cool is that?  Not just some things that we need, but all things that we need.  What a great God we serve!

I needed to hear this message. We've been through some unsteady times lately and it can be frightening, but God is my stability... He is my rock and fortress.


This is Mardi's book and if you have a chance you should find a copy and read it... well worth your time.


So glad that my daughter could go with me too.  It was fun to share a little mother/daughter time.

We've got more stuff to get in from the garden.  I pick lots of green beans and all the corn. We do not have all the squash in yet, but probably will stack it under tarps for a little while... it's going to get cold tomorrow night and probably will frost.  Don't want the little squashes to get rashes :)

I made some stuffed squash blossoms on 9/30 for my Sweetie's birthday.  He had gone to pick up my daughter's camper that day and it was driving rain facing one challenge after the other.  First he had trouble meeting up with his dad.  He got questioned by the police while he was waiting to meet up with him.  He was stopped by the police after he and his dad got separated on their way back.  He had to replace all the tires before coming home with the camper 'cause they had dry rot.  I'm telling you, my Sweetie has huge amounts of patience... after all, he puts up with me.

So a special dinner was in order.


first I sauteed some onion, mushrooms and fresh herbs in a little olive oil
I picked about 12 squash blossoms... not going to produce fruit now anyway
I removed the insides, they give the flower their sweet smell and I just don't care for them in my casserole.  Watch out for bees if you pick them when the weather is a little cold... I found about 5 or 6 tucked down inside.  I washed the flower to get any sand/dirt off.
I took a small container of ricotta cheese and mixed in the sauteed vegetables, which I had cooled off a little then added some Parmesan cheese (about 1/4 cup)


Then I stuffed the blossoms with the cheese and veggie mixture and laid them in a small baking pan.  I did not fry them first to avoid all that step and all that oil which neither of us need.
I then laid a little sauce over the top, not too much and this is organic spaghetti sauce I buy at Price Chopper grocery store.  I could have used some of my own, but had this open already.  I put on some mozzarella cheese and popped them into the oven. and this is what we got....

This was really yummy.  I noticed we have lots more squash blossoms out there... maybe there's still some time to make more before the end of gardening season.

Hope you have a great week.

God Bless!

No comments:

Post a Comment