Monday, February 25, 2013

More Snow continued...

We had another nor'easter this weekend.  Seems we're on a trend here.  Another storm coming in midweek promising yet more snow.  This is the time of year when it seems there will be no end to it.

Church was cancelled on Sunday *sniff*sniff*.  Mr. D occupied the table most of the day studying while I did other stuff.  I spread some straw in the coops, did some laundry, cleaned the house since we were gone all day Saturday, got dinner ready for us all... didn't need to do much there since I had dinner all ready for church in the morning and was about 15 minutes from leaving to see if the roads were clear enough to pick up Amanda, and I made a snow man :)  OK, I know I'm almost 60, but just couldn't resist.  It was the best snowman making snow we've had all winter.  I didn't get a picture, but he's almost as tall as me and though I didn't add coal, hat, stick arms etc... he was cute with his carrot nose.

If he's still standing tonight... if Mr. D hasn't plowed him over... I'll take a picture for ya, minus the nose which was eaten last night.

After dinner, I kicked out Mr. D who had been studying all day and did a little sewing.  Here's my quilt block of the month for Feb...



A few have said already they think these are a little "busy", but I think they will look great surrounded in white.  They have some of the same fabric as the January block I did.

Here's another pic... color doesn't look as washed out....
Hope you have a wonderful day!


2 comments:

  1. Good for you making a snowman!!!! What did Norman think of him?

    I love your quilt blocks. The colors are great. I don't think they are too busy at all, but that's just me. So happy you are taking part in this block of the month thing. Great way to fit a little needed creativity into your busy life!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, it is nice to be able to get a little "creativity" flowing. It is a good time to start, but I'm afraid during the summer I'll get behind. We'll see how it all turns out. Thank you for your kind comment.

      Delete