Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Rain, Rain, go away....

don't know what it says on this clip art, but liked this little rainy-day picture
I wanted to get down to the end of the driveway to take some pictures of the flower beds, but twice now I get 1/2 way down the driveway with my camera and it begins to pour.  The poor daffodils are all bowed down in the wet.  I did notice the bleeding hearts have come back from last year and they are blooming.  Also I noticed some slugs on different things... gotta get those egg shells down PRONTO.

I will get some pictures on here as soon as I can.  Mr. D was out weeding the veggie garden and I cut some rhubarb to sell along with our eggs.  We have two rows of rhubarb and it's usually the first crop to come up.  We got a little asparagus last night too.  Yum. 

I want to send you to one of my favorite blogs...  Across My Kitchen Table  my friend Mrs. T has some great comments about springtime there.  She is also a wonderful "cooker" and baker and likes to share her recipes.  We have enjoyed her cooking at church dinners and special occasions.  We have twice been to their home for Thanksgiving which have been wonderful times of fellowship, fun and of course delicious food.

We have known each other for quite some time, but have only become true friends in the past few years.  I have great respect for Mr. and Mrs. T and am glad to call them friends and of course we are family... in the Lord which makes it even more special.


Hope you enjoy her blog as much as I do!

2 comments:

  1. I just planted rhubarb. I can't wait to have some of my own to pick, but guess I'll have to be patient!
    Gina

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awwww... how sweet, Mrs. D! Thanks for the kind words and for linking to my blog.

    We got rhubarb from my dad's patch today... he has lots of it. Can't wait to bake something with it now!

    ReplyDelete