Friday, February 18, 2011

We are having some nice weather today, but I think it's a mini mid-February thaw which is a yearly event around here.  Only two warm days, but we'll take it.  This weekend again they are predicting cold and more snow.  We've turned the winter corner though and everyone who lives in these here parts knows that mud season will be "wicked" and that spring will arrive just like it always does.  

I've been doing some cross stitching and getting done with some UFO's.  Some of these things were meant to be done two Christmases ago, but got buried under a mound of "must-do-right-away's".  Seems odd to be working on Christmas stuff in February.  I'm just getting a head start on next Christmas.  My friend Mrs. T and I visited a cool little needlearts store in Grafton last Saturday and I got all "reinspired" about getting my UFO's done so I can start something new. 

I recently purchase some quilted fabric to whip up a vest for myself.  I tried one on at K-Mart the other day but didn't want to spend $30 for it.  With my coupons from Joann's I got all the stuff for $10 and now just need to find a little time to work on it.  I don't really NEED it this winter, but certainly would like to get it done for next fall/winter.  I'm going to try to make my own pattern.  In the past I haven't been too successful doing this, but I do have a couple of vests to look at for help.  I would take one apart and use it for a pattern, but they are all still in use no matter how bad they look.  If you have any tips on making your own pattern, let me know... I can use all the help possible.
Yesterday on the way to work there was a horrible accident.  A logging truck with trailer was coming around a corner and the trailer came loose and struck a van in the oncoming lane of traffic.  The driver of the van was killed.  That morning I was ready to leave for work and came back in after a paper Mr. D wanted me to type up for him.  Just those few minutes.  It could have been me in that lane instead of the van.  We arrived on the scene just moments after it happened.  Folks who witnessed the accident were just getting out of their cars and calling for help.  No emergency vehicles had arrived yet.  I was behind 4 other cars waiting to get by.  It made me stop and think again how gracious God was with me today.  We just do not know when it might be our turn to leave this earth,  but I thank the Lord it wasn't yesterday morning.  What am I going to do with my life?  What does He have for me to do?  Those are the questions that come to mind. 

James 4:13-17

Go to now, ye that say, To day or to morrow we will go into such a city, and continue there a year, and buy and sell, and get gain:  Whereas ye know not what shall be on the morrow. For what is your life? It is even a vapour, that appeareth for a little time, and then vanisheth away.   For that ye ought to say, If the Lord will, we shall live, and do this, or that.  But now ye rejoice in your boastings: all such rejoicing is evil.  Therefore to him that knoweth to do good, and doeth it not, to him it is sin.

More pictures next time.

Love ya all.   Have a wonderful weekend.

2 comments:

  1. First of all, I just now noticed your new header ... LOVE it!!! Totally represents YOU! :)
    I think we've started some sort of "mud season" here already - our big snow thawed & we shouldn't get more. The dog has been able to dig out under the fence & runs the neighborhood, all covered in mud. :/
    Thankful with you for God's protection over us all.... how sad for the family who lost a loved one in the wreck.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Last year I witnessed a horrible accident on my way into work. Amazingly, the drive crawled out of his over turned vehicle and was alive. It does make you wonder, is that a message meant for someone? The people in the vehicles, the people who see it, or all of us? It got me thinking for a long time.
    It would be nice if we could get this warm spring-like weather to stay on.

    ReplyDelete